April in Hellesøy, western Norway; part of a winter-flowering heather bed on a slope with Erica × darleyensis ‘Kramers Rote’, ‘White Perfection’ and ‘Darley Dale’, and E. carnea ‘Whisky’ and ‘Winterfreude’ in bloom, plus Hebe, Bergenia and Rhododendron ‘Frost Hexe’ (right). Photograph by Egil Asbjørn Sæle.
- Frontispiece: Japanese “fireworks”: new seedlings of Cape heaths by Takayuki Kobayashi
- YVETTE HARVEY & LOUISE O’BEIRNE : Wisley’s painting of award winning heathers
- E. C. NELSON : Erica x factitia, a hand-made, winter-flowering, hardy heather
- M. NOBLE : Invasive heaths and heathers in Tasmania
- J. McCOLL : Let’s hear it for heathers!
- J. HALL : Winter-flowering Erica AGM trials
- D. MACKAY : Who was St Dabeoc?
- J. ROBERTS : Erica terminalis naturalized in Warwickshire
- J CRELLIN : Daboecia cantabrica naturalized in Brecknock
- HELEN TODD & BRIAN BERRY : Anne Berry (Erica cinerea ‘Anne Berry’)
- R. CANOVAN : Growing Erica erigena, Irish heath
- D. EDGE : Compost trials
- H. FUNK : Conrad Gessner’s description and drawing of Erica carnea (mountain heath, Schneeheide) from the sixteenth century
- E. C. NELSON : H.E. Beale
- S.-B. SÖRENSSON : Pure curiosity
- Supplement XVI (2016) to International register of heather names. (click here for PDF)
- Proceedings of the Heather Society 2015: 44th Annual Gathering 10–14 September 2015